Vodafone is implementing a correction to its billing systems on 8th July 2011 that will result in charges for three types of mobile handset data usage. The data usage charges are in line with customers’ existing contracts but were not previously billed.
The correction will affect both standard internet access from a handset and also ‘tethered’ access that involves using a mobile as a modem to connect a computer to the internet.
From 8 July 2011, the correction will result in charges being applied to:
- The use of peer-to-peer file sharing websites that allow users to share content amongst a closed community (e.g BitTorrent, Limewire, iMesh).
- The use of Voice over IP (VoIP) applications that customers may have previously downloaded from the internet to their phone.
- The use of services via the internet that require a personal log-in (e.g Hotmail and Internet banking)
Based on your recent data usage, we believe that you may be affected by a higher than usual bill once this correction takes place.
You can add more data to your current plan or monitor your spend at My Vodafone by selecting the tab at the top of this page or by heading to vodafone.com.au on your computer. Vodafone offers a large range of Mobile Internet packs, starting from only $4 per month.
For more on our range of current rate plans please head to: vodafone.com.au/personal from a computer.
Vodafone Care Team
How can I track my data usage following the correction to the billing system?
To keep track of your data usage and avoid unexpected high bills, we have a number of free tools you can use:
- Ring or send a blank TXT to 1512 to retrieve your balance
- Log onto My Vodafone from your handset or the web to access and monitor your account balance and usage details. Note: data usage may take up to 6 hours before it is visible in My Vodafone